Comment on page
Learn how to specify which REST API version to use whenever you make a request to the ICR REST API.
The ICR REST API is versioned. The API version name is based on the date when the API version was released. For example, the API version
2023-06-16was released on 16 June 2023.
Any breaking changes will be released in a new API version. Breaking changes are changes that can potentially break an integration. Breaking changes include:
- removing an entire operation
- removing or renaming a parameter
- removing or renaming a response field
- adding a new required parameter
- making a previously optional parameter required
- changing the type of a parameter or response field
- removing enum values
- adding a new validation rule to an existing parameter
- changing authentication or authorization requirements
Any additive (non-breaking) changes will be available in all supported API versions. Additive changes are changes that should not break an integration. Additive changes include:
- adding an operation
- adding an optional parameter
- adding an optional request header
- adding a response field
- adding a response header
- adding enum values
When a new REST API version is released, the previous API version will be supported for at least 6 more months following the release of the new API version.
You should use the
X-ICR-Api-Versionheader to specify an API version. For example:
curl "https://api.carbonregistry.com/whoami" \
Requests without the
X-ICR-Api-Versionheader will default to use the newest version.
If you specify an API version that is no longer supported, you will receive a
The following REST API versions are currently supported: