Terms and Conditions - Users
- 1.Introduction: These terms and conditions govern the use of the International Carbon Registry registry platform (hereinafter referred to as the "ICR registry"). By accessing or using the ICR registry, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you're associated with and organization that is also an account holder with the ICR the terms and conditions of the account holder also govern your use of the registry. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not use the ICR registry.
- 2.Eligibility: The ICR registry is intended for use by individuals who are 18 years of age or older. By using the ICR registry, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this agreement.
- 3.User account creation: To use the ICR registry, you need to create a user account. By creating a user account you consent to these terms and conditions. For your account to be verified and be publicly visible you need to proof your identity through Know your customer check. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password. You are also responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- 4.Use of the ICR registry: The ICR registry may only be used for lawful purposes and in accordance with these terms and conditions. You may not use the ICR registry in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the ICR registry or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the ICR registry. If you are representing an organization that has established an account your use of the ICR registry shall further be according to the terms and conditions for organizations.
- 5.Notices and messages: You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the service or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
- 6.Sharing and feed: Our services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, articles, group posts, links to news articles, climate project postings, messages, etc. Other users may see information and content that you share or post, visitors or others (including off of the services). Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information (e.g., message content to your addressees, share content only to ICR registry connections, restrict your profile visibility from search engines, or opting not to notify others of your update). We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our service and can remove it with or without notice.
- 7.Intellectual property: All content on the ICR registry, including, without limitation, text, graphics, logos, images, audio, and software, is the property of the ICR registry or its licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not use any content on the ICR registry for commercial purposes without obtaining the ICR registry's or its licensors' prior written consent.
- 8.Instruments: The ICR registry provides a mechanism for registering climate projects and issuing carbon credits or other climate-related instruments which you may hold on your account. Instruments you hold on your account are only eligible for retirement or cancellation. You acknowledge that the ICR registry does not guarantee the value or authenticity of any carbon credits held on the ICR registry. All projects registered in the ICR registry and carbon credits issued are subject to validation and verification by an accredited validation and verification body. You are, however solely responsible for determining the value and authenticity of any instrument you may have purchased and hold on the ICR registry.
- 9.Disclaimers: The ICR registry is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The ICR registry makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the ICR registry or the information, content, materials, or products included on the ICR registry. The ICR registry will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the ICR registry, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- 10.Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold the ICR registry and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the ICR registry, your violation of these terms and conditions, or your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
- 11.Termination: The ICR registry may terminate your use of the ICR registry at any time for any reason without notice. Upon termination, you must immediately discontinue using the ICR registry.
- 12.Governing law: These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Iceland.
- 13.Changes to the terms and conditions: The ICR registry may modify these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting the modified terms and conditions on the ICR registry. Your continued use of the ICR registry after any such modification constitutes your agreement to be bound by the modified terms and conditions.
- 14.Entire agreement: These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the ICR registry and govern your use of the ICR registry, superseding any prior agreements between you and the ICR registry.